It can be challenging to stay motivated, productive and creative all day ~ we suggest trying these 8 simple daily rituals that can help rebalance the body's energy and restore vitality.
1. Sun syncing sleep. The sun's natural movement and our body's circadian rhythm operates on a 24 hour cycle. Your circadian rhythm is tied to sunlight and disrupting the natural rhythm can lead to poor or difficult sleep which can impact mental alertness and physical strength. Try rising with the sun and make sure to dim lighting and avoid loud noises in the evening.
2. Mantras. Begin the day reciting a mantra that resonates with you. The focus for me this month has been about abundance - so I have been repeating 'I operate on the vibration of abundance' daily.
3. Take 5 minutes to meditate. There are so many benefits to sitting still, you can try our 3 part meditation series with The Still Point here. Insight Timer is also a great tool to find new meditation teachers.
4. Incorporate these 4 asanas to build energy. Downward dog can help fire up the arms, legs and abdomen creating flowing energy throughout the body. Cobra pose is also a really simple beginners back bending pose that helps to energise. If you have a more intermediate yoga practice you can add Bridge pose or Wheel, along with Camel pose to increase vitality.
5. Swap caffeine for herbal tea. You always feel a burst of energy after your morning cup of coffee, but as the day (and years) wear on, caffeine can increase the likelihood of anxiety and insomnia. Swap out for herbal teas such as Dandelion root (this almost tastes like coffee) or Rooibos. I love a daily cup of fresh ginger and lemon tea with honey.
6. Create sacred space. Our homes are our sanctuaries and a place to rest and recuperate. Find a corner of your home to dedicate to your spiritual practice - somewhere filled with light where you can journal, meditate and practice yoga.
7. Be mindful of what you consume. Mindful eating is maintaining awareness over the food and drink that you consume - helping you observe how food makes you feel and the signals your body sends about taste, satisfaction and fullness. Try sitting still for a few deep breaths before eating and bless the food you are about to consume asking for total nourishment of your body.
8. Energy clearing. Burning Palo Santo daily can help clear negative or unwanted energy - light the end of one stick and allow to burn out on its own in a heat proof bowl. It's great for use during your meditation practice or before you begin a home yoga flow.
Image via Prae Store.